Sunday, August 25, 2019

Never Ever Forgotten


"15)Can a woman forget her nursing child , And not have compassion on the son of her womb ? Surely they may forget , Yet  I will not forget you . 16) See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands ; Your walls are continually before Me ."

~Isaiah 49:15-16 NKJV~



Have you ever felt forgotten by others ? Even by those who should have never forgotten you ? Have you felt ever  overlooked ? Have you ever been the last one chosen for a team ? The third wheel in a social situation ?   

Have you been neglected , abandoned or abused ? Felt unimportant and like a mere afterthought in someone's life ?  I know I have felt these things before . And , I believe , if we're all completely honest with ourselves and others , we all have experienced at least one of these things .

And these experiences in life can leave us wounded internally and outwardly as well . They can leave us feeling raw and lost and simply ragged .Or at the very least , humiliated . It's not a fun place to be , this planet earth , at times . 

But I am here to tell you , or at least remind you , that there is One Who has never , ever forgotten you . You are the apple of His Eye and He has you engraved on the palm of His Hand . I like to think that He even thinks you're the "Cat's Meow." The"Bees Knees." Yes, I'm aging myself but that's alright . :) God says in Isaiah 49:15-16 that you are engraved on the palm of His Hand . Other versions , like the one above , use the word "inscribed." 

This is no temporary tattoo that can eventually be washed away or simply wear off over the course of time . It's not like a temporary hair dye that disappears after 3 shampoos either . No , this is more like the initials of young lovers carved deep into the trunk of a tree  for eternity . Their love for each other goes deep as do the letters they so carefully gouged into the tree .

And this is what the love and care of God is like for each of us He has created  . We have our names (maybe even our likeness ?) carved deep into the palm of His Hand(s). I don't honestly know if this scripture is literal or perhaps simply a good use of imagery . I am one who believes that anything is possible when it comes to God . I just know His Love is deep and strong and unbending .

Not only are we carved in the palm of His Hand but our walls are ever before Him . I believe this means that He knows right where we are and right where we live at all times . Yes. a terrifying thought for some , I know . But He does indeed have our"number." Our address . He sees our walls at all times . I liken it to a surveillance drone flying over a neighborhood  just to simply keep an eye on things . But with God it's totally out of love ; His great love for us . But you may say."If God is love then why did He let me go through this or that or the other?" Perfectly acceptable question. I wish I had the answer . :) I now know that's where faith comes in .

We must have the faith to trust Him and His ways especially when we don't understand . It must be enough to know that He always sees us and always loves us and always cares for us . Especially when we don't understand .

~Sharon~
 


No comments: