Sunday, January 27, 2008

Books,Wonderful Books

I've been tagged by Jo(http://www.followtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com/ ) for a book meme.Before I answer the questions let me say that if you want to read some beautiful writing please visit her blog.You won't be sorry.
And now onto the book meme questions:

1.)One book that changed your life?
Definitely the hands down winner is my Bible!

2.)One book you have read more than once?
Too numerous to list but I will say"Windows Of The Soul"by Ken Gire.

3.)One book you would want on a desert island?
Definitely my Bible.

4.)Two books that made you laugh?
Anything by Patsy Clairmont or Luci Swindoll.

5.)One book that made you cry?
I cannot think of one for I tend to read happy,optimistic books.

6.)One book you'd wished you'd written?
Anything by Jane Austen.

7.)One book you wish had never been written?
Anything that is occultic in nature or is just pure smut.

8.)Two books that you're reading?
I tend to try and read one at a time.I am currently reading"A Time of Departing:How Ancient Mystical Practices are Uniting Christians with the World's Religions"by Ray Yungen.He exposes the dangerous practices that have crept into the modern day church under the guise of things such as"Christian Yoga"etc. .Very good book.

9.)One book that you're going to read?
I am hoping to purchase and read LuAnn Budd's"Journal Keeping."I am an avid journaler and am always looking for good writing prompts or anything pertaining to keeping a journal or writing poetry,etc.

Well,there you have it.A little bit more about me.:-)I think I am supposed to tag some friends but I think Jo and I share many of the same blog buddies.So I will decline to do that and wish you,my small band of readers,a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings~Sharon
Image courtesy of Source of Joy Graphics







6 comments:

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Delightful reading more about you! And a good journal book title to put under my hat... Thank-you...

Always a pleasure to read your online journal here, Sharon...

All's grace,
Ann

Sharon Goemaere said...

Bless you Ann for stopping by.I am always happy to see my blogging buddies stop in to say hello.It is a cold day here in Oregon...your visit has warmed my heart...bless you.I have been thoroughly enjoying your posts at Holy Experience...Love you~Sharon

Adrienne said...

Sharon - This is a wonderful list. I would have my Bible at the top of the list, too. And I love Ken Gire's writing. I've noted your other books and hope to add them to my reading list. I share your thoughts about what I wish had not been written.

The music playing on your blog is one of my very favorite hymns. It adds such a wonderful atmostphere to your writing.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog and for leaving your sweet comments. My story of living in Bend is a two-part story. My father was a pastor and we moved there when I was nearly 5. We moved when I was 11. Years later I visited dear friends there, was introduced to their youth pastor - we fell in love and married. 36 years ago. We still have some family there and love to go back to visit. It is a wonderful part of our state. Please stop by again to visit. I'll be back to check in and see what you are sharing.

~Adrienne~

Jo said...

An excellent list, my friend! Jane Austen is certainly a must read, isn't she?! And thank you for the generous words... with them you describe your own delightful blog!
Fondly,
Jo

Sharon Goemaere said...

Thank you for sharing more of your Bend story Adrienne!The times we've been over there I have just been so impressed with how clean it looked and felt.We also adore Sisters...Ken Gire writes beautifully,does'nt he?:-)Will definitely check your blog again for I have you bookmarked.:-)
Blessings~Sharon :-)

Sharon Goemaere said...

Jo~I just love Jane Austen...she was a woman ahead of her times I think.And she had a wonderful sense of humor as well!Thank you for your very kind comments Jo...you bless me~Sharon :-)