Friday, January 06, 2006

You Say Tsunami,I Say Salami?

The Bible in Proverbs 17:22(Amplified) says"A happy heart is a good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing,but a broken spirit dries the bones."I love to laugh.Fortunately I come from a humorous family and I married a very amusing man.I think laughter is one of God's greatest gifts.I had opportunity recently to laugh till the tears fell.My husband had called his mom to check in.He does that daily or at least a few times a week as she is nearing 80 years of age.In the course of the conversation she had told my husband of some predictions for 2006 she had seen on the 700 Club earlier that day.One of the predictions was for Tsunami's on the West Coast.But she pronounced it"Salami's!"Now,since I tend to be very visual and think in pictures you can imagine the imagery that conjured up.I began to chuckle.Then to laugh.I laughed so hard the tears began to flow.I love laughing till the tears flow.My husband was laughing pretty good by this time too.The next morning we were still chuckling over his mom's verbal faux pas.I told Steve that I could just imagine what the headlines might say"Subversive Summer Sausages Stalk Unsuspecting Swimmers and Surfers in Waters off West Coast."Just try and picture it.Use your God-given imagination.Have fun.Laughter....it's a good thing.
Blessings,Sharon

No comments: