Saturday, November 28, 2009

Post Thanksgiving Ponderings


Another Thanksgiving Day has come and gone as has another Black Friday.I thoroughly enjoyed the first and managed to avoid the second altogether.Life is good,is it not?:-)Thanksgiving was spent at Steve's sister's place.She and her husband and daughter have a really cozy apartment here in town just across the walk from Steve's mom's apartment.Our time there was all too brief as Steve wanted to nap after eating and daughter April had volunteered to work the Black Friday graveyard shift at Toys R Us.That meant a nap for her too.Granddaughter and I wanted to continue to visit but as our rides wanted to nap we acquiesced and left not long after eating.It had drizzled much of the morning but by late afternoon had turned into a full on downpour of liquid sunshine.I went home in the gathering darkness with Steve.Stomach full of good food and heart full of much gratitude.I know there was a time a few years back when in the heat of the onslaught of life's battles it was hard for me to be thankful.Hard to find gratitude within.And yet somehow as the battles raged on our Heavenly Father began to pull from the muck of life a slender,golden thread called gratitude.Only He could do that in me.For left to my own whims and devices I could only see the trials,the storms and the losses.It was hard to lift my head some days,much less my heart.That place of trust and faith really took a beating.But it was needful.I needed to see what was in me.Things buried so deep I was not aware of their ugly presence.But God was and sadly perhaps,so were others in my life.I began to call upon Him to free me from the clutches of ugliness within and by His grace He has begun to do that work and I know He will complete it one day(Philippians 1:6).It's so good to have His promise of completion of works he's begun within each one of us who call Him Savior.And as we enter this time of Christmas it's for me just one more opportunity for giving thanks for the gift of His son,our Savior.Speaking of Christmas,you will see I have changed the look of my blog for the holidays.I was going to go with a more traditional color scheme but had to have this one when I saw it over here.Blue is my favorite color and I thought this was just so elegant.:-)Wishing each of you a wonderful Christmas season filled with an abundance of good things from the Father.

Blessings~Sharon

2 comments:

Denise said...

I so love this post and yes life can hurt so bad that our hearts ache and thankfulness is hard to find.. But HE so understands and HE heals the heart and I just do not know how HE does that......I am glad that HE has healed your heart and joy has replaced the hurt.........

AND did you know that all the thing this year is blue and white for Christmas..... you are on the cutting edge......

Sharon Goemaere said...

LOL...I am seldom on the cutting edge of anything Denise so this is high praise indeed! LOL I am glad you enjoyed this post.I am just amazed at how He works in our lives and hearts sometimes.How he can change a heart when we are unaware of His working and then one day it is revealed and we stand amazed at what He's done.:-)I too am glad he has healed my heart and it continues to be a work in progress...Love ya~Sharon