Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Most Beautiful



"Summer afternoon,summer afternoon;to me those have always been the most beautiful words in the English language."
~Henry James~

It is a gorgeous afternoon here in Salem.Warm,windy and sunny.Though rain is to move in we are enjoying the nicer weather while we have it.We had a productive day here of grocery shopping,cleaning and napping.Such a thrilling life we lead. LOL Quiet but most of the time fulfilling.God has been weaving His mind and attitude into the fabric of my heart and mind this week and for that I am grateful.On occasion he grants me a glimpse of what I am like on my own without Him and it is not a pretty picture.Which is why I am in such need of and so thankful for His grace.His never failing,always abundant grace.New every morning.Indeed every moment when we turn away from our flesh and turn to His spirit,His presence in our lives.His grace and favor,always abundant,and fully realized on this most beautiful of summer afternoons.
Blessings~Sharon

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes that is why we need Him so much. Without Him we are a mess. I'm so glad His mercy and grace are always there extended towards us. All we have to do is reach out for them. He makes our life beautiful doesn't He. Linda

Sharon Goemaere said...

Indeed he does Linda.Sometimes it's hard for me to see and/or remember it but I know He does!Blessings~Sharon

Denise said...

In HIM we live and move and have our being........ Out side of HIM we are vulnerable to the world....... Thank goodness we live in HIM.... and HE covers us!

Sharon Goemaere said...

Oh amen Denise!Thank Goodness indeed!So good to see you!Blessings~Sharon