Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oh Be Ye Glad


The following lyrics were going through my head as I awoke this morning from a sad dream involving my mother,who has been gone since January of 2001.In this dream I was doing whatever I could to avoid being near her in a large church.In reality much of my life was spent doing just that as I was weary of her ways.It was later on in life I discovered she had schizophrenia and probably had for much of my life.So much I did not understand as a child.So much pain and confusion and blank pages where there should have been a mother's love.I awoke from this dream saddened and somewhat riddled with guilt.Had I done enough for her in her later years?Had she felt my love and forgiveness on earth before being ushered into the presence of her Savior?And then came the lyrics of this song into my questioning mind and saddened heart.A whisper of His love to soothe this tumultuous soul.Thank You Jesus.
Blessings~Sharon

BE YE GLAD

Words and Music by M.K.Blanchard
© Gotz Music/Benson

In these days of confused situations.
In these nights of a restless remorse,
When the heart and the soul of the nation,
lay wounded and cold as a corpse.
From the grave of the innocent Adam,
comes a song bringing joy to the sad.
Oh your cry has been heard and the ransom,
has been paid up in full, Be Ye Glad.

(Chorus)

Oh, Be Ye Glad, Be Ye Glad,
Every debt that you ever had
Has been paid up in full by the grace of the Lord,
Be Ye Glad, Be Ye Glad, Be Ye Glad.

From the dungeon a rumor is stirring.
You have heard it again and again.
But this time the cell keys are turning,
and outside there are faces of friends.
And though your body lay weary from wasting,
and your eyes show the sorrow they've had.
Oh the love that your heart is now tasting
has opened the gate, Be Ye Glad.

(Chorus)

So be like lights on the rim of the water,
giving hope in a storm sea of night.
Be a refuge amidst the slaughter,
for these fugitives in their flight.
For you are timeless and part of a puzzle.
You are winsome and young as a lad.
And there is no disease or no struggle,
that can pull you from God, Be Ye Glad.

(Chorus)

No comments: