Saturday, April 05, 2008

So Glad


I am so glad my husband Steve and I are not superstitious people.For,had we been, we would have missed out on one of the greatest sources of joy in our lives.We"adopted" our cat Shadow from a cat and kitten rescue in a town just NE of here.Shadow came to live with us in March of 2007 and has been a blessing ever since then.He was 6 months old when we got him and black as coal.The photo above looks just like him but is not a photo of him.In fact I chose this one from http://www.morguefile.com/ because our cat Shadow just loves to ham it up like this.Big smile.Many think black cats are bad luck or whatever.I do not adhere to that belief whatsoever.He is simply a cat.A black ball of fur and purrs who adores us.The feeling is mutual.When we feed him he turns those gorgeous green eyes towards us as if to say"thank you."I really think I see cat-love in those huge green orbs.When we went to look at all the available cats it was as if he had chosen us.He turned on all the kitten charm he could muster and it paid off.For all of us.He just purred and purred and rubbed along the cage and stuck his silky soft paws through as if to say"I have chosen you now you choose me."We were smitten.And still are.He is a ham-extraordinaire.He loves to slap my husband's legs as Steve walks away to another room.We call him the Black Flash too for he loves to slap and run.Huge grin.Cat owners will know what I am speaking of unless this quality is unique to our little guy.He loves to jump up on me in the middle of the night for some petting and then take posession of my arm and hand with his paws and head for a short snooze.He is of course purring like a diesel truck the whole time.What a soothing sound to sleep by.He is right now asleep on our bed as I type this.No doubt resting up for a long night of cat antics.I believe he was a gift from our Lord to us.Our little guy was ill for about 36 hours this week.He has never been ill.We prayed over him and he is now better.I am glad God cares about animals just as much as we do.His word says In Proverbs 12:10 that"a righteous man cares for the needs of his animals...."So we pray for him when he's ill.We feed and water and bathe him.We brush him and stroke his soft fur and silky ears.We talk to him.We care for him.I think God is pleased.
Blessings~Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon, Thank you for your visit today. I have not been well and very depressed. It came on after I was in the hospital. But with prayer and the love and support of famiy and friends I am coming out of it. I am sorry I haven't visited or kepted in touch much. Thank you again and I hope to be back now and be a better friend. I love the music here, it's so lovely. Also I am not superstitous either and love cats no matter what color. Your Shadow sounds wonderful and I am so glad he is better. With Love always!

Sharon Goemaere said...

Dear friend~
I am sorry to hear you have been through such a rough patch.Life can be so very hard at times.I completely undertsand.You'll find no guilt trips here Nancze.Just a wish and a prayer for you to be well in His time.And yes,Shadow is a wonderful fellow.We just love him.Blessings~Sharon G.

Adrienne said...

I'm sure Shadow is as much a joy as our Miss Savannah. You can read about her in the archives of my blog, if you want. We got her at a cat shelter not too far from our home. She and I chose each other at nearly the same minute. She is such a joy and brings many smiles to my sweetheart and I. And she is a little character! ~Adrienne~

Sharon Goemaere said...

Hi Adrienne:
Shadow is indeed a joy.Especially when purring or chasing my husband for a slap. LOL And we love it when he ro;;s over on his back and just hams it up for us.He is just too funny.:-)Blessings~Sharon

Maxine said...

I do believe our pets are a blessing among so many others. We have a black dog now, but years ago we had a black cat whom we called "Petunia" (don't ask me why) and she looked just like this one. People used to joke about her because of their superstitions. Enjoy your Shadow.

Sharon Goemaere said...

Our pets truly are a blessing.One of God's many abundant gifts!Shadow is a dear boy.Funny and sweet both.:-)I am so very thrilled we are not superstitious at all for our dear boy is a huge source of amusement.Blessings&Love~Sharon