Friday, April 25, 2008

Springtime Psalm

Oh visit the earth,
ask her to join
the dance!
Deck her out
in spring showers,
fill the God-River
with living water.
Paint the wheat fields
golden.
Creation was
madefor this!
Drench the
plowed fields,
soak the dirt clods
With rainfall as
harrow and rake
bring her to
blossom and fruit.
Snow crown the peaks
with splendor,
scatter rose petals
down your paths,
All through the
wild meadows,
rose petals.
Set the hills
to dancing,
Dress the canyon walls
with live sheep,
A drape of flax
across the valleys.
Let them shout,and
shout,and shout!
Oh,oh
let them sing!
Psalm 65:9-13
(TMSG)
~Image courtesy of Free Stock Photos~






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, what a beautiful psalm. I also enjoyed reading about your favorite things. We agree on several. I appreciate your emails you send too. I hope you have a blessed week-end. Sending love and ~hugs~

Sharon Goemaere said...

Thanks for stopping by Nancze!I thought it was beautiful as well.Glad we share much in common.You have a blessed weekend as well.:-)~Sharon

Jo said...

As always, the word of God proves a lyrical blessing for my heart this evening. I so love your heart, dear friend!

Sharon Goemaere said...

Hi Jo!
I just sent a short note to you and now here you are!Blessed to see you dear friend.As I journaled one morning God spoke this scripture to me.When I read it in the message version I knew it had to go on my blog with a lovely photo.It is so lyrical,so very exuberant in it's expression.Joyful which to me is what spring is all about;joyful resurrection!New life,renewed hope,unearthed dreams!I love your heart too dear friend!Your sister and friend~Sharon

Vicki said...

Hi Sharon! Beautiful Psalm, beautiful landscape as well. Hope this finds you well today. You've been on my heart.

love,
Vicki

Sharon Goemaere said...

Bless your heart Vicki and thank you so much for stopping by...Much Love~Sharon